Blurb (as on Amazon):
Shanaya is very upset when her husband Ashish shifts base to Alibaug after having stayed in Andheri for more than six years. The place is calm and serene, the bungalow they stay in is cozy and lavish, but Shanaya gets bored, more so when Ashish goes on an official tour to Japan. So she is very happy when she meets a neighbor, Nehal, who has a son just two years younger than her own, Vihaan. She thinks she has found a great friend and now it will be easier to adjust here.
But soon strange and weird unexplainable things start happening. And Shanaya is left wondering if there’s really some conspiracy against her or is she going insane?
Genre: Fiction/Crime Thriller
Format: Kindle eBook
Price: 100 INR/$2.99
My rating: 3.5/5
Shanaya and Ashish have just moved to Alibaug with their four-year-old son. This move is proving to be really difficult for the stay-at-home-mom Shanaya who is used to the fast-paced life of Mumbai. When she befriends her neighbour Nehal, she finally feels that better days are here. However, Nehal’s behavior is quite strange. Things take a turn for the worse when Ashish refuses to believe her claims of Nehal stalking her or trying to break into her house. Are her fears and doubts real?
What I liked about the book:
- The anticipation to know how things will be ending is what keeps the reader hooked till the end. It’s a perfect page-turner.
- The narration is fast-paced and all the characters have some shades of gray making us suspicious about everyone.
- The storyline is very engaging with full of unexpected moments which keep you at the edge.
- I liked how the story takes an unpredictable turn after Shanaya finds herself in a spot where she might find herself behind bars.
What I did not like about the book:
- The book is riddled with grammatical errors and typos which takes away a lot of points from an otherwise engaging story and plot.
- The story becomes kind of predictable after a certain point.
Author’s social media links:
I’m participating in Blogchatter’s #TBRChallenge
Thank you for reading. For regular bookish updates, follow my Bookstagram account: @bookish_witch88
How to contact me:
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter