Blurb (as on Amazon):
This book is crafted to give you maximum pleasure and experience. The characters and plot are fascinating to give you a progressive storyline. Enjoy the ride!
Genre: Fiction/Romantic Short Story
Format: Kindle eBook
Price: 223 INR/$4.00
My rating: 4.1/5
Gretchen faces hard luck in everything, right from her love life and failed relationships to shitty jobs and trying to make a living. Things are looking up for her as she is all set for an interview. Her best friend and confidant, Devlyn is also looking forward to meeting her after this interview as it’s his first day at the Elite Emergency Services Unit. He also plans to confess his love for her. But Gretchen’s interview goes horribly wrong and she’s in a miserable mood when they meet. Will Devlyn go ahead with his plans?
What I liked about the book:
- It is a story of hope, not just for the romantics but also for those stuck with a streak of misfortunes.
- Gretchen’s character is immediately likable as her struggles seem so real and relatable.
- The story is a perfect example of ‘all’s well that ends well’
What I did not like about the book:
- Devlyn’s thoughts about getting married and having kids seem a little misogynist.
- The story is predictable and pretty straightforward, without any twists or surprises.
- I never leave home without an emergency supply of chocolate.
- Some of us just take longer than others to find our calling.
Check out the book here:
I’m participating in Blogchatter’s #TBRChallenge