Once in a while there comes a movie which leaves behind an impact that lasts for generations. Its songs, and especially its dialogues become a cult. In a thriving entertainment world such as Bollywood, such movies are bound to be frequent. Though Bollywood has given us many romantic movies to reminiscent over the years, comedy as a genre is still quite untouched. There are very few comedy movies which can fall under the category of ‘evergreen‘ or ‘memorable’. ‘Andaz Apna Apna’ is one of them.
The movie’s dialogues like “Teja mein hu, mark idhar hai” or “Crime Master Gogo naam hai mera” are used in everyday conversation and references from the movie are drawn almost every other day. A cinephile and a Bollywood lover would surely have this movie on his ‘top 10 favorite movies of all time’. Here is an easy way to spot a true ‘Andaz Apna Apna’ fan and addict:
1. Robert and Bhalla > Robert and Bella
Though ‘Twilight‘ is a great romance movie for most, for Andaz Apna Apna hai addicts, Robert and Bhalla are a better pair than Robert and Bella and they can very well justify the same too.
2. They can’t be friends with someone who hasn’t seen the movie
If someone doesn’t get their Andaz Apna Apna references or say they haven’t seen the movie yet, they’re just not cool enough or even worthy enough to be befriended.
3. They feel personally insulted when someones talks bad about the movie
The “How dare you!” or “How can you not like the movie?” kind of expressions immediately come on to their face when someone says they don’t like the movie.
4. They quote all dialogues from the movie without fumbling
In fact they look for opportunities and situations when they can gobble out a dialogue!
5. They have won every ‘Andaz Apna Apna’ quiz
After having watched it umpteen times, they know the movie and everything about it on the back of their hands.
6. “Galti se Mistake ho Gaya” is their excuse for any mistake
And of course they use it even when someone else makes a mistake.
7. It’s hard for them to pick one favorite character from the movie
Is it Teja, or Robert, or maybe Raveena? They’re all so good and perfect in their eyes!
8. Despite having seen it multiple times, they still laugh uncontrollably whenever they watch it
Yes, like they are watching it for the first and don’t already know how the movie is going to pan out.
9. They use catchphrases from the movie everyday and in every possible situation
Be it giving someone a lift and saying, “Uncle aap bethiye piche, par mein chalaunga kaise?” or when someone asks how the interview was and they say, “Hona kya tha? Unka ek ek sawal humare do do jawab, sawal ek, jawab do, sawal ek jawab do, sawal jawab, sawal jawab..chup lambi khamoshi”, these addicts can use a dialogue from the movie in any situation.
Time to go catch the movie, yet again!
(as published on TopYaps)